PLEASE EMAIL ALL RESUMES AND/OR PORTFOLIOS TO HELLO@LOWERCASENYC.COM
Lowercase is looking for a contracted (1099) eyewear sales representative to join our team. As Lowercase's representative, you will be carrying Lowercase sunglasses and ophthalmic frames and partnering the brand with the best optical and lifestyle stores in your territory. We're a young brand with unlimited room for growth, and are aggressively pouring in efforts and resources to leverage brand awareness and establish our name in the industry.
What we're looking for:
- Integrity and high level of work ethics
- Willingness to contribute ideas and recommendations for the growth of the company.
- Ability to leverage and build relationships with high-end optical retailers
- Demonstrated experience in growing territories and closing sales.
- Prospecting and developing new accounts, with a focus on building long-term customer relationships and increasing sales revenue.
- College degree in Business, Accounting, Marketing or related fields preferred. Opticians and veteran reps welcome.
- The ability to carry and lift sample bags weighing up to 25 pounds
- Ability to extensively travel in your territory
- Ability to meet sales quotas and revenue targets
- Proficiency in Word and Excel or similar for order entry
- Clear communication through email and phone calls with our Brooklyn workshop.
What we offer:
- Beautiful eyewear made through true American craftsmanship
- One of the only Made in USA acetate collections on the market
- Competitive commission based compensation
- Flexibility of territory and remote work environment
- Option for carrying complementary, non-competing product lines
- Marketing efforts to support and grow your business
If this sounds like you, we'd love to hear from you! Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume or description of your work experience.
We're not currently hiring for this role, but always looking for qualified candidates to help with production in our workshop. We’re a very small team that handles every aspect of design, production, and delivery inside our Brooklyn Army Terminal Workshop. We’re looking for someone with a passion for making and an eye for detail. No eyewear experience is necessary, but experience in a shop or production environment is required. Candidates must be highly organized, detail oriented individuals, excited to work with their hands, and eager to learn a beautiful craft.
Primary Responsibilities will include:
- Buffing and Polishing of frames
- Material preparation
- Cutting lens blanks and inserting into frames
- Maintenance of the tumbling machine
- Fitting frames to technical drawings
- Order fulfillment
- Be willing and able to work in a fast paced environment
- Ability to multitask and prioritize responsibilities
- Effective communicator
- Ability to read spreadsheets and log progresses
- Comfortable working with and around machinery
- Great team player
Compensation dependent upon experience; benefits available after a trial period. All applicants must be based in the greater NYC area.
Built out of a love for eyewear and an appreciation for true craftsmanship, Lowercase was established in 2016. We founded the company with a mission: to once again localize the trade of eyewear to the US, while creating a product that is second to none in quality and design. The value in our unique approach can be seen in the designs and felt in the construction. Every pair is made in our Brooklyn workshop from start to finish, by combining modern technology and traditional methods. Combining some of the finest materials and suppliers with the talent and know-how of New York craftspeople, Lowercase is a return to exceptional, American made eyewear. Each pair goes through a 30 step process that takes 2 weeks to complete.